As 2018 dawned someone asked me how I had done on the resolutions I posted two years ago. Here they are, followed by my thoughts on where I stand with them today.
- keep in my heart the joy and love I felt during Christmas 2015.
- to push myself when inertia engulfs me.
- to use my talents.
- to squeeze more laughter out.
- to connect to the positive energy around me.
- to remind myself that one person’s actions can make a difference.
- to be ready to listen rather than speak.
- to spend minimum time wondering why I can’t remember someone’s name.
- to lie in the grass on a spring day.
- to accept the things I cannot change.
- to relish my children.
- to sweat only the big stuff.
- to practice those exercises so I can remember people’s names.
- to build on honoring myself as I honor others.
- to ignore urges to overeat, overdrink, under exercise.
- to keep a carrot-games, travel, books-in clear sight at all times.
- After the name remembering exercises move on to “where did I put my…”
I probably feel best about moving towards positive energy and paying less attention to negative thoughts and people. I am happier with myself and more accepting of my lifestyle although I still have those times of doubting that drive me crazy.
The ones I have no difficulty with have to do with enjoyment. I have no problem enjoying anything that comes my way, as ridiculous or simple as it may be. And if it is something I can tell on myself, all the better.
I did scare myself when I almost didn’t publish my last post…”NOT Another Phone Story!!!” Because I see the incident described, not as just misplacing glasses, but not recognizing my glasses. That’s why I thought others would hmmmmm and tilt their heads after reading it. Even with my friend’s scoffing at this, I hesitated to record it.
I still think it is deeper than losing glasses on top of my head BUT no matter. I’ll just add a new one:
- to push through the fear.